Tuesday 25 August 2015

Installing Windows 10 on Teclast X98 and X89 tablets

These are tablet with chinese versions of Windows 8.1 but can be upgraded to Windows 10 but still with chinese versions. Fortunately they are multi-language versions of Windows so that we can select our language of choice. In changing the languages you must change at 3 different places. Display language is the most important but not sufficient because I already got the display to English Malaysia and yet I still got problems with so many chinese characters. Removing the entire chinese character support also failed.

It is best if you have a working Windows 11 in the correct language so that you can tell the menu structure and use a translater to show the chinese character versions of the required words. I got my Toshiba nb305 upgraded to Windows 10 so it was much easier. Surprising the first Teclast table that I upgraded, the X89, had English menu options so that it was easy for me to change the language settings. Not for the other X98.

Also one Teclast X89, with ID: E6ED, still cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Only reserved. Just wait.

Even it the Teclast X98 Air II 3G, with only 800Mbyte of disk space, can still be upgraded because I had installed a 64Gbyte microSD memory card.

No comments:

Post a Comment